Peru Startups is 6-months old today. This is the 55th post. It has been a fun journey that has allowed us to connect with founders and ecosystem actors.
We believe in the benefits of a startup communities. We use this post to talk about what it means to be a startup (¿Es o no una startup?) and how we can improve the culture of Peru’s startup ecosystem.
Over six months we have had over 20,000 page views and shared our posts on facebook, twitter, and a weekly newsletter. Thanks for reading and sharing our stories.
The most widely read post was Cuando Todo Parece Que sea va a la M%&RD@ in which Andres wrote about struggling through challenges. Andres also wrote the 2nd most widely read post: Muchos “no” para llegar al “sí” about dealing with failure.
Over the last six months we have:
2. Shared stories about theses and other founders who participate in acceleration programs outside of Peru, lead startups to watch in 2018, come from global and regional startups in Lima, are immigrant founders in Lima, or have raised money from venture capital funds.
3. Shared relevant information for founders and investors. Here are some common topics:
- Startup metrics: Traction, Business Models (1), Business Models (2), Revenue,Valuation, GMV, Cohort Analysis.
- Corporate Governance: Corporate Governance, Advisors, Monthly updates, Cuanto tiempo toma levanter una ronda de financiamiento
- Fundraising: Pitch decks, Using English, Capitalization tables, Startup investor pitfalls, No hablemos de ideas.
- Legal: We had studies of legal considerations with contributions from Luis Narro on costs of seed rounds and from Debbie Jaffe on International HoldCos and Taxes. We also shared the free legal documents for seed rounds that PECAP published.
- Events and Programs: StartupPeru, Fintech Conferences,WeXchange, 500Startups, ForoXcala, PVCC, preparing for the PVCC, and the PVCC speaker list.
- Tools: 5 productos para ser más eficiente en el trabajo, Tools for startups, Service providers for startups in Lima, Media – getting the work out, Where to go for talent.
Please let us know which topics you would like us to cover in the future. If you wish receive our newsletter please add your email above.