The members of PECAP have chosen new leaders to set the course for the coming year and continue to build the venture capital asset class in Peru.
Maria Pia Morante, of Acumen LatAm Capital Partners, and Meghan Stevenson-Krausz of INCA Ventures became new members of the PECAP Board and continuity was achieved as Alain Elias, of PAD – Red de Inversionistas Ángeles , Martin Aspillaga, of Salkantay, and Jose Deutsua of UTEC Ventures will continue another year. Jose Deustua takes the helm as President, after the very successful leadership of Alain Elias that culminated in the recent publication of the 2019 Report.
The Board members are investors in different stages of the stratup lifecycle:
- PAD – Red de Inversionistas Ángeles is at top angel investor group in Peru.
- UTEC is a leading accelerator in Peru, part of Global Accelerator Network (GAN).
- INCA Ventures is an active early stage investor in Peru, especially in the fintech startups.
- Salkantay was recently chosen as the beneficiary of the Ministry of Productions venture capital fund program.
- Acumen LatAm Capital Partners is a regional venture capital fund and an investor in Crehana, a top Peru startup in the education space.
Together they cover a broad range of investment stages, investor types and sector expertise:
- Stage: Acceleration, Seed, Series A
- Investor Profile: Angel investors, Accelerators, Venture capital funds
- Scope / Thesis: Impact, Regional, Local
- Sector: Education and Fintech, two key sectors for Peru and Latin America.
Luis Narro, continues in his role as Executive Director, in order to put in action the strategy and guidance that the Board outlines.
The future of the venture capital asset class in Peru is in good hands with the new Board of Directors of PECAP. The 2020 Board is a diverse group that brings complementary investment perspectives.