Last year was a takeoff year for Peru startups seeking funds from venture capitalists.
Here a list of investors who were active in 2018:
- 500 Startups invested in four Peru startups
- Angel Ventures invests in startups through its $2M Peru-based fund
- Axon Partners made investments in Turismoi and MiMediaManaza
- Endeavor Catalyst invested in Xertica
- INCA Investments invests Peru with a focus on the financial sector
- Magma Partners has been actively speaking to founders in Peru and invested in Chaty
- Outbound Ventures invested in Fitco and is actively exploring other options
- Wayra invested in Quantum Talent, leading the last round, as well as Aprendiendo.la and Robotic Air Systems
- Winnipeg Capital has a venture fund led by Jose García Herz that made investments in Aprendiendo.la, Fitco and Simcase
Another Peru-based venture capital team is Ataria Ventures, which invests in startups in the U.S. and Israel.
Other funds including Mountain Nazca, DILA and Jaguar Ventures are talking to founders in order to be in a position to invest at later stages.
This is great progress over the status last year as shared by Nathan Lustig of Magma Partners. On the PECAP website, there is a link to a comprehensive database of venture capital investors in Latin America.
It is a solid (and growing) list! If you are a startup founder looking for venture capital in Peru, or an investment professional looking to get into the space, there are great options for you at all different stages of the startup lifecycle.